…Been one of those weeks…
You know, the kind that you won’t be sad to see gone, where you thank God for getting you through, and keep praying for His continued grace and power in the weekend ahead for you and your loved one. Nah, it wasn’t a horrible week, but I can’t think about too many things that I’ll miss. I won’t miss the quiet suppers sitting alone in front of hulu, trying to find something to watch that is decent, interesting and won’t make me cry (amazing how those three rarely run together). I won’t miss checking the door locks alone and then doublechecking them (yes, I am a little paranoid). I won’t miss staying up as late as possible to put off going to bed alone.
Funny how there is this strange ache from not being touched for a week.
(Okay, that’s all of my complaining…because I know, I am really blessed.)
This Week’s Blessings
(1) Got a wonderful, hardworking hubby who made it a point to communicate while he was gone. (Priceless!)
(2) Met with some wonderful ladies at the Ladies Salad Supper Monday night. I got to hang out with a delightful retired missionary lady to and from the church building, and it was awesome! Heard funny stories from her “on tour” days. Laughing together was good. 🙂
(3) Got my psychology final studied for and taken. Can’t believe I’m done with that course now. It’s a good feeling. 🙂
(4) I learned how to calm myself at night so I could sleep ok. Took me a couple nights, but I finally started to figure it out. lol
(5) Got to chat with my family and a good friend the other night. My day’s are running together, so I can’t remember which evening it was, but probably Tuesday. Chatting with them was pretty awesome though. 🙂
(5) Was guessed as being in gradeschool. Should have seen the man’s jaw drop when I told him that I was married. In fact, his jaw dropped so far, I had to pick it up and hand it back to him. 🙂 Made me laugh. 🙂
(6) People from my church prayed for us Sunday evening and offered to help if I needed anything without us even asking. It was encouraging and comforting to me to know that if I needed it, someone was close by.
(7) Even though hubby was away, I could text him whenever I wanted and he was just a phonecall away and in the same time zone. 🙂
And there are so many more blessings that I’ve begun to think about…now that I started listing them…Thank you, Father!